Anyway, on September 19, from noon to 8 p.m. (the same time of the Missoula Brews Cruise), Imagine Nation Brewing will host its grand opening celebration and first Imagine Fest, which will highlight the brewery's unique community center.
“While we are very excited for the grand opening, we are especially thrilled to launch the Center for Community Transformation,” remarked co-owner, Fernanda Krum. Krum continued, “The inclusion of this educational center in the brewery is what defines the unique mission of the INBC.” This concept has piqued the interest of many local groups. Susan Hay Patrick, chief executive officer of United Way of Missoula County, said, "Getting together over a beer to discuss the issues of the day is a very 'Missoula thing.’ We've been impressed by (co-owners) Robert and Fernanda's determined efforts to provide a unique space for individuals and groups to find common ground over a good brew."
Here's the schedule of events, as listed at ImagineNationBrewing.com:
- 12-12:45pm: Community Drum Circle
- 1-3pm: Local Yokel
- 4-5pm: Caleb Van Gelder Trio
- 6-8pm: Wartime Blues
- 11-11:45am: Kids’ Vibrations, hosted by Tangled Tones Music Studio (donation-based)
- 1-2:30pm: Theatrical Improv for Kids, hosted by Kevin Harrington
- 3-4pm: “How do We Create Social Change” with Mayor John Engen and Susan Hay Patrick, CEO of United Way of Missoula
- 3:30-4:30pm and 4:45-5:45pm: Appreciate Beer Like a Pro, hosted by Alan McCormick, MT contributor of Rocky Mountain Brewing News and author of Growler Fills
- 4:30-5:30pm: Compassion Without Borders, hosted by Kim Maynard, Mansfield Fellow in International Affairs
Local Food Vendors
- Clove Cart Pizza Peddlers
- Bao Chow Hot Asian Buns
- Covered Wagon Hot Dogs
- More to be announced!
Special Art Show
“Wild Propaganda,” by award winning independent film director and artist Rob Whitehair from Tree and Sky Media Arts.
The Top Hat Lounge, located at 134 W. Front St. in Missoula, will feature INBC’s beers on tap, a first for the brewery, which has been selling beer exclusively out of its brewery taproom for the past six months. The Big Sky Mudflaps will be playing to celebrate their 40th anniversary of performing together. The show is free and begins at 9 p.m.
I must give a special shout out to Imagine Nation's newest beer release, their double IPA. It's Robert's favorite beer he's brewed so far, and the taste I had from the tank (#humblebrag) was incredible. Look for it during Imagine Fest!
And if you haven't see this video, you should: