"This is the time to do it," says Kevin Head, owner of The Rhino. "It's not too warm yet and it will be fun to have something right after the parade. If someone needs something on the lighter side, all they need do is come inside where we have our full lineup of beers and drinks." Yes, The Rhino is well known for its 50 beer taps!
It is free to attend the Big Beer Fest, but if you want to try something you must be at least 21 years of age, and 7 oz. pours will run $3. We did the math and it's the same price as other brewfests (instead of $12 for a glass and two tokens + three additional tokens, $15 will get you five pours at The Rhino's event). The event runs 1 - 6 p.m.
The Rhino was gracious enough to provide Montana Beer Finder with the full beer list:
- Bayern - Bad Santa Eisebock 2014 - 12% ABV
- Big Sky Brewing - Hound Dog Barrel Aged Powder Hound - 8.3% ABV
- Big Sky Brewing - Ivan the Terrible Barrel Aged Imperial Stout 2013 - 13.8%
- Big Sky Brewing - Power Wagon Wheat Wine - 11% ABV
- Brasserie de Silly - Scotch Silly Scotch Ale 2013 - 8% ABV
- Deschutes - Black Butte XXV Anniversary Porter - 11.3% ABV
- Deschutes - Class of '88 Imperial Smoked Porter - 9.1% ABV
- Elysian - Dragonstooth Barrel Aged Oatmeal Stout - 9% ABV
- Green Flash - Imperial IPA - 9.4%
- Kettle House - Brick and Mortar Imperial Porter - 10% ABV
- Samuel Adams - Dark Depths Baltic IPA - 7.6% ABV
- Samuel Adams - Griffins Bow Oaked Blonde Barleywine - 10% ABV
- Samuel Adams - New World Tripel - 10% ABV
- Samuel Adams - Third Voyage Double IPA - 8% ABV
- Sierra Nevada - Bigfoot Barleywine - 9.6% ABV
- Sierra Nevada - Narwhal Imperial Stout - 10.2% ABV
- Sierra Nevada - Ovila Abbey Quad - 10.2% ABV
- Sierra Nevada - Ovila Belgian Style Abbey Quad - 10.7% ABV
- Troubadour Magma - Galaxy Belgian IPA 2013 - 9% ABV
- Widmer - Kill Devil Brown Ale 2013 - 9.5% ABV
Rumor has it that a Deschutes Abyss and Tamarack's Old Stache Barrel Aged Porter are waiting in the wings if they are needed.
Cheers to Big Beers!